Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Culinary School Update: Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins & My First Week!


 

Check out the sour cream blueberry muffins I made today in baking class!  They actually turned out really well - muffins aren't usually my thing, but these were so light and fluffy!  I had mine with a tall glass of milk :)

This semester, I have Principles of Food Production on Mondays, and Bakeshop Production on Wednesdays.  Monday we didn't do too much- it was your typical first day introduction and orientation stuff.  Today we still had a bunch of housekeeping things to go over, but we did at least have time to make these muffins.  Everyone else put chocolate chips in theirs, but I was a little hungover, er, under-the-weather, so chocolate wasn't really working for me. I was going to just leave mine plain sour cream, but the chef asked if I would prefer to use blueberries. Which, I do, always, or at least when it comes to muffins.

I brought my camera to class, but the battery died as soon as I turned it on. At least Chef Vagasky let us take some muffins home so I could snap this shot.  I'm going to try to keep up with the things I'm doing in class so I can show it to you guys.  I can't promise I won't fall behind, but the goal at least is to post the pictures of what I make in class on a regular basis.  We'll see how it goes!

Don't forget to log on tomorrow to check out my second Daring Cooks challenge!


2 comments:

Sarah G said...

Yum! I love blueberry muffins.

Linda said...

I love to hear about your culinary school experiences, and look forward to more. Muffins look great!